Clay Bird Shooting
Whether you are an experienced shooter or it’s your first time handling a gun, this activity challenges brain to eye co-ordination and really gets you buzzing.
Using live ammunition and real shotguns, our automatic clay bird throwers shoot clays off in a variety of directions. Our experienced facilitators run a friendly competition between teams to discover who really is the best shot.
Held on a farm in Ngaruawahia, Clay Bird Shooting is fantastic for corporate groups, stag & hen groups or birthday’s and it’s fully relocatable meaning we can bring the fun to your preferred location.
Please note offsite events incur a travel and set up fee and venue suitability will be confirmed by Hinterland management.
GREAT FUN, A lot of laughs, would like to do it again - Clay Bird Shooting
Great for a friend or family member. Simply click the voucher amount below, enter your details & we’ll send the personalised voucher to you or your chosen recipient.
Please note: If you enter the recipients email, the voucher will be sent straight to the recipient.Minimum group of 6 for Paintball/6 for Clay Bird/8 for Laser Tag/6 for Archery, bookings are essential & subject to availability, voucher valid for 12 months from date of purchase, minimum age 11yrs for Paintball/16yrs for Clay Bird/7yrs for Laser Tag/9yrs for Archery.
Clay Bird Essentials
- Minimum age of 16yrs
- Minimum group size of 8 shooters (we can/will combine smaller groups or individuals to achieve this min number)
- It’s ESSENTIAL to book your event
- No gun licence required
- Clay Bird Full Event lasts approximately 1½ hours
- Clay Bird Starter event lasts approximately 1 hour
- Additional box of ammo $45 per box of 25 rounds
- Wear sturdy closed in footwear, comfortable clothing & bring a warm jacket
- All the safety gear & equipment is provided
- Drinking water is provided on site, however we recommend you also bring your own bottle of water
- Combo’s with our other activities attract discounts, call us on 0800 22 66 54 for more information
- With groups of under 10 people, we reserve the right to add another appropriate group to yours
- Alcohol is not permitted at Hinterland Adventures Clay Bird Shooting, please DO NOT drink before your event
- Stag & Hen do’s are welcome
Clay Bird Shooting faqs
The Clay Bird site is undercover but outdoors, the event can take place in wet weather however we will discuss the options with you should you be concerned
No, unfortunately we only allow our gear to be utilised at this event for safety purposes.
Sometimes, yes. If you hold the gun as instructed the chance of this will be very much reduced, it is worth mentioning that shotguns always have a kick back, so paying careful attention to your facilitator’s instructions on how to hold the gun is vital.
It’s like everything, practice makes perfect! The more shots you have, the more fun you’ll have as you get better and better at aiming. So we believe it is worth it, yes.
Yes, we have ear protection, eye protection and shooting vests available. We advise you to wear closed in footwear and comfortable clothing.
Yes, there’s no charge for spectators. The facilitator of your group will advise you where your friend can watch from. Spectators need to ensure they listen carefully to the rules given by the facilitator and follow them, to keep themselves safe.
No, we do not allow pets on site.
No, not at a Clay Bird Shooting event.
Clay Bird Map
PLEASE NOTE – this is a private farm. Absolutely NO access unless you have a booking with us.
151 Driver Road, Ngaruawahia.